This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been several years in the making, but Toronto-based company TEB technology has finally released a demo of its futuristic Transit Elevated Bus concept in northern China. TEB’s goal is to help reduce congestion in some of the world’s busiest cities in an environmentally-friendly way. The buses are powered by electricity and can hold up to 300 people as they glide down the road at about 30mph straddling two lanes of traffic. The coolest part: other vehicles are able to drive under and through them.
There are still some logistical issues to be resolved, however. The “test run” was a simple 300-meter journey in a straight line and didn’t involve normal traffic obstacles such as curves, traffic lights, crosswalks, pedestrians or bridges. Still, onlookers were impressed by their sheer size and the originality of the concept. According to TEB’s chief engineer, the buses will be ready to enter real-world service in just a year and a half.
Do you think TEB will revolutionize public transportation in cities around the world?
Featured image courtesy of TEB Technology.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards