This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG has released the details of its latest Accelerate promotion, through which you can earn tens of thousands of bonus points for stays between September 6 and December 15, 2016. After you register for the promotion, you’ll learn how many points you can earn, as it varies from person to person. When I logged in to check my offer, I was targeted to earn up to 38,000 bonus points:
Meanwhile, TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig, an IHG Spire Elite member, was targeted to earn up to 42,000 bonus points:
According to both mine and Zach’s offer, we’d earn 5,000 points after an eligible stay at any participating IHG property worldwide once in September. Then, we’d earn bonus points for each three-night stay, up to 18 nights. We were both targeted to earn 15,000 bonus points after the 18th night.
Remember, you can also apply for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first three months of opening an account. These points can be used in conjunction with this IHG promotion, making it possible to book a longer or higher-end stay.
What was your Accelerate offer?
Featured image courtesy of the InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night each year of card membership at over 4,900 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a credit cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49