This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news for travelers flying on Delta’s long-haul flights to Hawaii: beginning September 15, 2016, the airline will serve complimentary meals to passengers in economy and Delta Comfort Plus on flights to Honolulu (HNL) from Atlanta (ATL), Minneapolis (MSP) and New York (JFK).
The introduction of meal service on Delta’s longest Hawaii-bound flights comes about a year after American Airlines began serving complimentary meals on flights between Dallas (DFW) and Hawaii. Passengers in the economy and Delta Comfort Plus cabins will also receive complimentary beer, wine, spirits and Mai Tais to help get them in a Hawaiian state of mind.
Delta already offers premium cabin passengers an extensive meal service on these Hawaii routes so there will be no changes there. It’s great to see the airline making an effort to improve the in-flight experience for all its passengers, especially considering that some of these Hawaii-bound flights run longer than several of its international routes that already offer complimentary meal service to all passengers.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards