This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we’ve been anxiously awaiting the arrival of JFK’s new TWA Flight Center Hotel — announced just last year, the site has sat mostly idle until now. Work has officially begun on the new hotel in partnership with JetBlue, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and MCR Development.
The Eero Saarinen-designed terminal will undergo a conversion into a hotel with more than 500 rooms, while respecting Saarinen’s original design of course. Slated to open in the fall of 2018, the hotel will also feature amenities open to the general flying public, including a number of bars and restaurants, an aviation-themed exhibit space, meeting spaces and an absolutely huge 100,000-square-foot observation deck perfect for plane spotting.
The Points Guy recently got a behind-the-scenes tour of of the old TWA terminal before it was closed to the public, which you can view in this episode of TPGtv, below, starting at 0:41.
Never miss an episode: Click here to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube!
Are you excited as we are for the new hotel in JFK’s former TWA terminal?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: Condé Nast Traveler
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards