This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, the American aircraft manufacturer Boeing celebrated its 100th birthday with a huge celebration at Boeing Field in Seattle, Washington. The company showed off all the latest in its commercial fleet as well as popular aircraft from the past. While any aviation enthusiast would have been fully satisfied gazing at all the aircraft on display, Boeing saved arguably the best part of the show until after the sun went down.
This week’s insane aviation video captures a spectacular show put on by Boeing at the end of the first day of the celebrations. As night fell in Seattle, an all-white 747-8 aircraft became illuminated as a giant projection screen, displaying cutaways revealing the interiors of Boeing aircraft, liveries of all of Boeing’s customers and beautiful, colorful images of everything from the Parisian skyline to a view of the moon. While artistic liveries aren’t necessarily anything new, Boeing’s brilliant projection display took this concept to new heights.
Did you catch a glimpse of the Boeing 747-8 projection screen?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards