This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are fantastic limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like $80 back when spending $500 or more at AmexTravel.com (still available through September 30), 2x Membership Rewards points on Amazon Purchases or 10% off your cell phone bill. Now, there’s a new, valuable Amex Offer for you to take advantage of: $200 cash back when spending $1,000 or more with Delta.
Not a big spender? No worries. You don’t have to spend all $1,000+ in one transaction. American Express will combine all of your Delta spending from enrollment through the expiration date (September 30, 2016). Note that you just have to make all flight purchases by September 30 — you don’t need to complete travel by September 30. But, in order for your purchases to count toward the promotion, you’ll need to make your airfare purchases directly through Delta. Delta flights booked through an online travel agent (i.e., Expedia) won’t count toward the spending goal.
Consultants and other business travelers: You’ll see this $200 cash back as a statement credit, so you’ll still see the full amount of your airfare purchase(s) for reimbursement purposes. However, this is a one-time offer, so you won’t get a second $200 back for spending $2,000+.
In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. We checked around TPG headquarters and found that the following cards are included:
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card
- American Express Green Card
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express
Interestingly, this offer doesn’t appear to be targeted toward Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card holders. Also, we haven’t seen this offer on any Amex business cards.
Were you targeted for this Amex Offer?
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees