This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Click here to register for this promotion.
Earlier this year, Hyatt offered a promotion that allowed Gold Passport members to earn up to 75,000 bonus points, but that ended on June 30. Good news — it’s back! The Hyatt Gold Passport “More Points, More Play” promotion begins tomorrow, September 1, and will run through November 30, 2016.
The promotion is simple: The more eligible nights you stay at Hyatt properties, the more bonus points you’ll earn. Here’s how the promotion breaks down:
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after 5 nights
- Earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 nights
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after 15 nights
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after 20 nights
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after 25 nights
In all, this promotion can be incredibly valuable, especially if you take full advantage by staying 25 nights at Hyatt properties. The 75,000 bonus points you’ll earn from the promotion are worth a whopping $1,350 — or around $54 per night — based on TPG’s most recent valuations. Those 75,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points are enough to earn you three nights at a Hyatt Category 6 property, which requires 25,000 points per night for a free stay. Notable Category 6 properties include the Grand Hyatt New York, Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, the Aria in Las Vegas, the Park Hyatt Maldives and the Park Hyatt Vienna, among others.
If you want even more free nights, consider signing up for the Hyatt Credit Card, which comes with a sign-up bonus of two free nights at Hyatt hotels around the world after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. You’ll also get 5,000 bonus points after you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months as well as 3x points on purchases at Hyatt properties, 2x points at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline and at car rental agencies and 1x points on all other purchases.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Maldives.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards