This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier today, IHG Rewards launched a new reward night sale. Now through August 28, book an award stay at any of the 23 participating hotels for 50% off the standard award rate. The promotion is only good for stays this fall between September 1 and October 30. So if you’re interested, hurry up and start making plans for a fall getaway!
As with the IHG PointBreaks hotels, there’s no special promo code to enter. Just log in to your IHG Rewards account and search for award nights at a participating hotel for a stay during September or October. If there’s award availability for your nights, the reduced award night rate will appear in the results.
Here’s the full list of participating hotels:
- Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo (Mexico)
- Hotel Indigo Veracruz Boca Del Rio (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Ciudad Del Carmen (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Express Ciudad Del Carmen (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Express Veracruz Boca del Rio (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Veracruz Boca del Rio (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Campeche (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Express Playa Del Carmen (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos (Mexico)
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort (Mexico)
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Vallarta (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas (Mexico)
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas (Mexico)
- InterContinental Miramar Panama (Panama)
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal (Panama)
- Crowne Plaza Panama (Panama)
- Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay (Jamaica)
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino (Aruba)
- Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros (Colombia)
- Holiday Inn Express Cartagena Bocagrande (Colombia)
- InterContinental San Juan (Puerto Rico)
InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, Mexico
Perhaps the highlight of the list is the InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa in Cozumel, Mexico — a spectacular option if you need a getaway in September or October. This is an IHG Category 7 hotel, meaning that award nights typically cost 40,000 IHG Reward points.
During this promotion, the award price is just 20,000 points per night ($140 based on TPG’s most recent valuations). For a sample weekend in September, the non-refundable, advance-purchase rate is $273 per night including taxes.
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino
Another incredible deal is the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino. Instead of having to pay 30,000 IHG Rewards points per night, award nights will cost just 15,000 points in September and October thanks to this promotion.
Through the IHG Points + Cash trick, you can generate these 15,000 points for a cost of just $90. Meanwhile, a comparable non-refundable, advance-purchase reservation during a weekend in September currently costs $181 per night.
Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo
On the cheaper end of the spectrum, the Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo provides an excellent value. A Category 2 hotel, this hotel will run just 7,500 IHG Rewards points per night during this promotion (about $53 based on the most recent TPG valuations). A comparable non-refundable, advanced-purchase rate is $85 per night including taxes.
While it’s probably too late to get the sign-up bonus in time to book this promotion, stock up for the next IHG promotion by signing up for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card. The card is currently offering a 60,000-point sign-up bonus after you spend just $1,000 in the first three months.
While it’s generally not a great use of Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG is a 1:1 transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards. You can transfer points from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus Business Card, but don’t forget that points can take one day to transfer. So, don’t cut it too close to the booking deadline of August 28.
All of the hotels participating in this promotion are in countries currently being affected by the Zika virus. So, travelers will need to take extra precautions before traveling to the area. Pregnant women — and those trying to become pregnant — should avoid these areas completely.
With that said, this promotion is clearly trying to attract travelers to areas reeling from a reduction in tourism. Some hotels participating in this promotion have already dropped their paid night prices to reflect this. Make sure to check the paid night rates to make sure that you’re getting a good value for your points.
However, at the hotels highlighted above, there’s some incredible value in this promotion if you’re looking for a getaway this fall. Just make sure to take some quality bug spray!
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards