This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each year, Starwood Preferred Guest offers a promotion that gives travelers 35% off Free Night redemptions at select resorts. The brand has just announced that this year’s promotion is back and will be valid through February 28, 2017. It’s important to note that this promotion doesn’t include all of SPG’s properties or brands, as it’s limited to select hotels only. Here’s a look at the eight SPG hotels and resorts that are included:
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand — normally 60,000 Starpoints per night; now 39,000
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket, Thailand — normally 40,000 Starpoints per night; now 26,000
- Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand — normally 40,000 Starpoints per night; now 26,000
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives, North Ari Atoll, Maldives — normally 90,000 Starpoints per night; now 58,500
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia — normally 60,000 Starpoints per night; now 39,000
- Le Meridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia — normally 40,000 Starpoints per night; now 26,000
- Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection Resort, Dubai, UAE — normally 60,000 Starpoints per night; now 39,000
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini, Greece — normally 60,000 Starpoints per night; now 39,000
If you want to take advantage of the discount, you must book your stay at one of these eight properties between September 1, 2016, and February 28, 2017. Note that these 35% off redemptions can’t be booked online — you must call SPG (the US number is 1-888-625-4988). It’s also worth noting that these discounted redemptions can be stacked with SPG’s Fifth Night Free perk on award stays.
If a property you’ve been wanting to visit isn’t on the list, there are plenty of other great redemption options, many of which are available during the holiday season. If you need to increase your stash of Starpoints, or if you want to earn more on your next SPG stay, consider signing up for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. If you sign up for the personal card and or the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, you’ll even earn enough Starpoints for a free night at some of the properties included in this promotion.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured image courtesy of The St. Regis Bora Bora.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards