This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Several readers have reported seeing an error message “Promotion redemption limit exceeded,” so unfortunately it looks like this promo is no longer available. Congrats to anyone who was able to snag it!
New Uber customers can often score a free ride (up to $20) by signing up via a referral link (such as TPG’s here), but it’s very unusual for a $20 discount to be available for existing customers as well. For the time being, even current Uber customers can score a free ride (again, up to $20) by entering promo code RIDEFREE16 on the promotions tab of the app. This credit appears to be valid in the United States and must be redeemed by August 31, 2016 (or possibly September 1).
If you don’t already have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive additional free ride (up to $20) from TPG. Also keep in mind that you should sync a credit card with your Uber account that will earn you the greatest return on your ride, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x points per dollar on travel.
H/T: Dans Deals
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards