This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Upon further inspection of the terms and conditions, it appears that these vouchers are not limited to travel within the Western Region. The text below has been updated to reflect this change.
The San Francisco-based airline Virgin America is teaming up with its hometown baseball team to offer fans discounted travel. The first 40,000 people in attendance at the Giants game against the New York Mets on Saturday, August 20, 2016 will get 2-for-1 vouchers.
The voucher is good for travel in Virgin America’s main cabin between September 7 and December 8, 2016, or between January 4 and February 25, 2017. You must book your travel by September 2, 2016, for both passengers, and they must be on the same itinerary. Be sure to note the fine print here, which includes blackout dates as follows:
- October 6 — October 11, 2016
- November 10 — November 15, 2016
- November 17 — November 30, 2016
- December 9, 2016 — January 2, 2017
- January 12 — January 17, 2017
- February 16 — February 21, 2017
If you’re one of the first 40,000 in attendance at the game and do get one of the 2-for-1 vouchers, make sure you purchase your one ticket with a credit card that will earn you a high return, such as the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, which gets you 3x Membership Rewards points on flight purchases made directly with the airline.
Featured image of AT&T Park courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards