This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers headed to Manchester, UK will soon have a new nonstop option from Houston. As of October 30, 2016, Singapore Airlines will operate a flight from Houston (IAH) to Manchester (MAN) as part of the airline’s direct flight between Texas and Singapore (SIN).
This new route marks a change from the airline’s existing direct flight between the cities, which makes a stop in Moscow (DME) en route to Singapore. It’s not entirely surprising to see the change in this route, given the economic turmoil in Russia. Singapore was likely losing a significant amount of money each day with this flight, however, the airline isn’t abandoning Moscow altogether. It will still fly between SIN and DME four times per week (down from five per week).
The new Houston to Manchester service will be operated five times weekly by the airline’s three-class Boeing 777-300ER, which features the airline’s older first and business-class products. The economy cabin on this aircraft is also quite good, featuring 19-inch wide seats with 32 inches of pitch and a 10.6-inch personal seatback IFE screen.
This new Singapore flight will be the only nonstop option between Houston and Manchester and will likely prove to be much more popular than the Moscow service, especially because United does not serve the UK city nonstop from its Houston hub.
Will you be trying out Singapore’s new Houston to Manchster flight?
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards