This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in June we described the launch of the new Centurion Lounge in Houston and why American Express Platinum Card Members were so excited about it. Of course, there were all the usual perks: high-speed Wi-Fi, noise-buffering workspaces, a full bar, seemingly endless power outlets, private shower, family room, tranquility areas. But there were also some special touches like the killer menu developed by James Beard award-winning chef, Justin Yu, and the art installation by local Houston artist, Patrick Renner (inspired by the city’s Trumpet Flower sculpture).
Well, here’s one more reason to check out the space: I’ll be hosting a reader meet-up at this Centurion Lounge on Tuesday, August 2, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. And yes, phenomenal prizes will also be awarded. Keep in mind that because you have to be an Amex Platinum or Centurion Card Member to get in to The Centurion Lounges, you must be a Card Member to attend the event.
If you’d like to attend, tell us about your favorite Amex Platinum benefits — fee credit toward TSA PreCheck, Platinum Concierge help with booking travel and events, etc. — on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter by Friday, July 29, at 11:59am. You don’t need to be flying that day to get access. And don’t forget to tag @thepointsguy and @AmericanExpress and include the #AmexPlatinum and #TheCenturionLounge hashtags. We’ll get back to you letting you know if you made the guest list. Good luck!
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees