This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After the successful launch of TPGtv earlier this year, I’m excited to announce our new and improved season of TPGtv, which focuses on Japan. It’s no secret that most online videos are now consumed on social media, so we’re changing things up, adding more expert tips and extensive captioning so you can watch the videos on Facebook (or anywhere actually) with the sound off — and still get tons of great takeaways.
With each episode, viewers can follow me as I explore top hotels and restaurants and visit must-see places in Tokyo and Osaka. Throughout it all, I explain where to go, what to see and how to make it happen — whether it’s getting into LAX’s secret celebrity airport lounge, booking a flight in the super-luxurious Singapore Suites using Krisflyer miles or sampling Tokyo’s must-try dishes. Here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect:
Never miss an episode: Click here to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube!
To celebrate, we’ll be hosting “One Night in Tokyo,” our official TPGtv launch party in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 26 — and I’d love for you to join us! We’ll be premiering the new season of TPGtv, featuring some of the new videos shot on location in Japan during my recent trip. We’re bringing my Japan trip to life and some lucky readers will be able to experience the sights and tastes of one of my favorite countries. Attendees will be able to meet some of the other TPG staff, including Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig and TPG Senior Points and Miles Contributor Jason Steele. We’re also giving away two round-trip tickets to Japan on Singapore Airlines so you can test out the carrier’s brand new business-class product for yourself.
If you’re interested in attending, tell us about your favorite episode of TPGtv or let us know which destination you want us to visit next on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook or Twitter by Friday, July 22, at 12:00pm — don’t forget to tag @thepointsguy and include the #TPGtv hashtag. We’ll write back letting you know if you made the guest list.
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on social media (links are above) for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards