This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next week marks the beginning of NYC Restaurant Week, an event where dozens of renowned culinary establishments offer three course prix fixe menus starting at $29 for lunch and $42 for dinner. On top of the terrific price points, American Express is rewarding card members with a $5 discount on all purchases over $35 at participating restaurants during the promotional period from July 25 through August 19, 2016.
Cardholders can use the discount up to four times per card, and it appears that you can also combine discounts if you have multiple American Express cards. So, if your dinner comes to $70 or more for example, you should be able to pay for half of your bill on each card and earn $5 off each portion for a total savings of $10.
To sign up for this promotion, click this link and enter your name, email and credit card number. You should receive an email confirmation immediately. Remember to make reservations as soon as possible because space is limited.
When dining at restaurants, remember to pay with either the American Express Gold Card or Premier Rewards Gold card, since both of these cards offer 2x points at restaurants and are eligible for this $5 discount promotion.
Featured image courtesy of Nobu Next Door.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees