This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in February, Norwegian shared the details of several new flights between the US and Europe. The airline’s 4x weekly New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) service begins late tonight, followed by twice weekly service from Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris service beginning July 30 and once weekly flight from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris beginning August 4.
Norwegian’s been selling these flights already for a long time, and we have seen plenty of great fares from all three cities to Paris. All of these transatlantic flights will be operated by Norwegian’s Boeing 787 Dreamliner which also offers the carrier’s Premium Cabin that comes along with extra perks such as a wider seat with more recline, complimentary beverages and meals, lounge access (depending on route), free seat selection at booking and two free checked bags.
For ultra-low-cost tickets, wait until the late fall and early winter, when we’re seeing fares from just $347 round-trip in economy. If you book in Norwegian Krone (select “Norge” as the language at the bottom right of Norwegian’s homepage), the same ticket can be purchased for just $321 (2,744 NOK).
Norwegian provides reliable, comfortable and very affordable trips across the pond — perfect for travelers who want to explore Europe’s most popular cities at a significantly reduced cost. Hopefully the airline can continue to add more transatlantic destinations from US cities in the near future.
Is anyone flying Norwegian’s new flights to Paris from the US?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards