This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the nice things about flying to the US from Dublin (DUB) is that the airport has a US preclearance facility so you can go through US immigration before hopping the pond and skip having to wait in long lines to do this back on American soil.
Starting Monday, travelers flying through Dublin will have something to look forward to after they clear immigration. Dublin Airport recently announced it will be opening a preclearance lounge, which will be called 51st&Green, on Monday, July 18, describing it as an exciting experience inspired by the intersection of Ireland and America.
— Dublin Airport (@DublinAirport) July 14, 2016
While there aren’t exact details on the hours of the lounge or what kind of amenities it will feature just yet, we do know that all transatlantic passengers flying with Aer Lingus, Delta, United and American Airlines, as well as any customers holding business-class tickets and those holding airline club cards will be granted access. According to the airport’s website, the lounge is located just after US preclearance beside the US departure gates.
This is a welcome addition for passengers traveling to the US, as it adds another option for pre-flight lounge comfort. Stay tuned for more details on its complete offerings after the grand opening next week.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards