This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The HondaJet is a light business jet designed in Japan and now available with a list price of $4.5 million. It has a range of just under 1,400 miles, so while it’s certainly on the smaller side, passengers won’t be on board for long.
The HondaJet was designed with “affordability” in mind — not only is the plane relatively inexpensive, it can also be flown by just one pilot, if you so choose.
The plane has a state-of-the-art Garmin glass cockpit.
While the cabin might feel a little cramped (more on that in a bit), the cockpit is fairly comfy.
In its standard configuration, the plane can accommodate four passengers.
Passengers face each other, with two facing forward and two facing toward the back.
You can also add an optional fifth seat to the main cabin, and if only one pilot is flying the plane, a sixth passenger can sit up front.
Each seat has a cup holder, but don’t expect many “frills” beyond that.
There is a large tray table that folds out from under the window on each side of the plane, which you’ll share with the person sitting across.
Air vents and overhead reading lamps are available as well.
And there’s a commode, but given the tight quarters on board, you’ll probably want to use the bathroom before you board.
There’s also a sink — the lav is located at the far back of the cabin.
Overall, the HondaJet is pretty slick given its (relatively) low price tag. It’s designed for short hops, but if the plane’s limited range works for you, it’s worth giving this thing a look.
See below for more from Farnborough 2016:
- Bumping into British PM David Cameron at the Farnborough Air Show
- Tour Boeing’s Brand New 737 MAX, Launching with Southwest in 2017
- Inside the E2, Embraer’s Next-Gen Regional Jet
- Touring the Bombardier CSeries Jet, Now Flying with Swiss
- Watch an F-35 Fighter Jet Hover at the 2016 Farnborough Air Show
- Check Out Qatar’s All-Business-Class Airbus A319 Jet
- Inside the Gulfstream G650, One of the World’s Fastest Business Jets
- Explore Qatar Airways’ Incredible Gulfstream G650 Private Jet
- Take a Look Inside Honda’s $4.5 Million Private Jet
- Comparing Economy Seat Pitch, from 29 to 34 Inches
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|