This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting today, Hyatt Gold Passport is offering cardholders of the Hyatt Credit Card the chance to receive 10% of their redeemed points back on award or Points + Cash stays through October 31, 2016. To take advantage, visit Hyatt’s website and register for the promo by August 31, 2016.
Hyatt recently updated its Gold Passport website, making it easier to use and see exactly what full award redemptions and Points + Cash redemptions will cost you. If you complete your entire stay by October 31, the points will be deposited into your Hyatt Gold Passport account within 6-8 weeks of your stay. Keep in mind, though, that this offer is only available for cardholders of the Hyatt Credit Card.
According to TPG’s most recent valuation, Hyatt Gold Passport points are worth 1.8 cents apiece. So, for example, if you book and complete a two-night stay at a Category 4 property, which will cost you 30,000 points — or around $540 — you’ll get 3,000 points back — or around $54.
The Hyatt Credit Card comes with a sign-up bonus of two free nights at Hyatt properties worldwide after you make $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of opening your account. You’ll also get 5,000 bonus points after you add an authorized user and they make a purchase within the first three months. You can earn 3 points per dollar on all purchases at Hyatt properties, 2 points per dollar at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline and at car rental agencies, and 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Not too shabby.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards