This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Roughing it” isn’t typically the way one would describe spending a night in New York City at one of the world’s most popular boutique hotel chains, but the W New York in Midtown Manhattan is doing its best to redefine the phrase in appropriately luxurious fashion — the property recently transformed the terrace of its spacious Extreme Wow Suite into a glamping oasis befitting of any luxe-loving urban adventurer.
The colorful al fresco escape was designed by Laurel & Wolf, an interior design firm that’s outfitted the terrace with every imaginable camping essential, including a full-sized yurt and fire pit, plus plenty of space for lounging and taking in one of the city’s rarest commodities: outdoor space. The terrace has even been covered in a lovely artificial grass, to give it that extra bit of believability.
If weather or a lack of desire to sleep under the stars has you craving an honest-to-goodness roof over your head, you simply need to head inside to the full suite. Of course, all this communing with nature (and probably some pigeons) comes at a price: $2,000 per night to be exact (and no, unfortunately you can’t redeem Starpoints to help defray the cost). But just imagine how jealous you’ll make all your Instagram followers.
Would you pay $2,000 a night to go glamping on an NYC rooftop? Sound off below.
Featured image courtesy of Dustin Walker, Laurel & Wolf.
H/T: Refinery 29
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards