This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood has offered SPG members some pretty valuable promotions in the past, offering SPG members double Starpoints on stays of two nights or more last year. Now, SPG is letting members who book trips to eligible Tribute Portfolio properties the chance to earn double Starpoints on their stay.
In order to get in on this promotion, you must register with SPG by October 16 at 11:59pm ET. Your eligible stay at any of Starwood’s Tribute Portfolio properties (which must consist of one or more consecutive nights) must be completed between August 1 and October 31, 2016, so you still have plenty of time. Keep in mind this promotion is only valid at participating SPG’s Tribute Portfolio hotels and resorts — click here to see a complete list of property options.
There’s no limit to the number of double Starpoints you can earn during this promotion. Note that the double points are added to your base earnings, so you’ll earn a minimum of four points per dollar instead of the usual two. Elite members can also earn additional Starpoints, but those will not be doubled beyond the original two points per dollar. All bonus Starpoints earned during this promotion will be posted to your account within two to four weeks of your stay.
While this isn’t the most exciting promotion, if you have an upcoming trip to a Tribute Portfolio property, there really isn’t any downside to registering. Not traveling anytime soon? You can still earn 25,000 Starpoints when you spend $3,000 in the first three months after signing up for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Featured image courtesy of The Hermitage.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees