This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
If you’re thinking about getting away before summer comes to an end, now is the time to book your travels to the beautiful Scandinavian country, Sweden. Star Alliance partners are teaming up to offer great fares from Newark (EWR) to Gothenburg, Sweden (GOT). We’re seeing fares as low as $293 round-trip with a stop in Stockholm (ARN), Düsseldorf (DUS), Brussels (BRU) or Munich (MUC). The offer is available from August 2016 through May 2017, including the busy travel season in December for Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Airline: Star Alliance (United, Brussels, Swiss, Lufthansa, SAS and Air Canada)
Route: EWR to GOT
Cost: $293+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August 2016 – May 2017 (including Christmas and New Year’s Eve)
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Gothenburg (GOT) for $293 round-trip in August:
Newark (EWR) to Gothenburg (GOT) for $306 round-trip in May:
Newark (EWR) to Gothenburg (GOT) for $312 round-trip in March:
Newark (EWR) to Gothenburg (GOT) for $339 round-trip in December:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards