This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong served as the city’s main international airport from 1925 – 1998. It was home to Cathay Pacific, but it is better known for its location that made landings particularly perilous. Aircraft had to fly frighteningly close to the city’s high-rise apartment blocks and then make a steep banked turn before lining up with the runway.
In this week’s crazy aviation video we see a Malaysia Airlines 747 make this difficult approach. The plane looks absolutely massive flying so close over the city, and when it makes the sharp turn you can practically see the passengers grabbing the sides of their seats.
Have you ever had the chance to witness a landing at Kai Tak airport?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards