This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers offers fantastic limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like 2x Membership Rewards points on Amazon Purchases (still available through July 31) or 10% off your cell phone bill. Now, there’s a new, valuable Amex Offer for you to take advantage of — the chance to get $80 back when you spend $500 or more with AmexTravel.com.
Note that the offer expires September 30, 2016. Remember, if one or more of your Amex cards gives you access to this offer, you must manually add the perk to your card in order to take advantage of it. The terms and conditions also state that the offer excludes Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts, car rentals, cruises and the flight portion (when you’re booking flights and hotels together).
Several TPG staffers have Amex credit cards, and all of our cards had access to the offer with the exception of hotel co-branded cards, such as the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express. Cards that did have the offer included the Amex Premier Rewards Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex Business Gold Card, Amex Green Card and both the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and its Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express. Of course, if you’re looking to take advantage of this Amex Offer, it’s best to check the account of each of your Amex cards to see if it’s eligible.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees