This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
SPG’s recent promotion is great news for anyone who currently holds a Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express: by simply adding an authorized user to your credit card, you can earn an additional 2,500 SPG points. Although some cardholders may have received an email about the promotion, it seems that anyone can take advantage by adding an AU through this link.
The promotion is available through September 19, 2016, and each cardholder can only take advantage one time. The points should appear in your linked SPG account within 8-12 weeks after adding an new authorized user.
You can score a flight night at a SPG Category 1 hotel from just 2,000 points per night, and your new authorized user will enjoy some of your card benefits, though it’s important to note that you’ll need to add your AU’s social security number, and this new account could impact their ability to sign up for some Chase cards due to the “5/24 rule.”
Thanks to TPG reader Lily C., who shared this news tip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
Featured image courtesy of the St. Regis Bora Bora.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees