This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the past six years, this site has grown beyond my wildest dreams — both in traffic and staff — and we cover significantly more travel, lifestyle and personal finance than ever before. But we’re not done growing yet.
For the first time in our history, we’re hiring a head of social media, someone who has experience overseeing a brand’s presence on multiple social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This is a senior role in the company but also a hands-on position reporting to the editorial director and working with editors, with our marketing team, and with me personally. We’re looking for someone who appreciates our brand, loves travel, enjoys strategizing and knows how to act on data and trends.
Interested parties can apply here. Please note: We’ll have more roles opening in the next few months — follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest. And for those of you curious about the work culture at TPG, I asked the team to create a list of job perks. Here’s what they said:
- While our office is based in New York City, we all have an opportunity to work remotely from time to time.
- Depends on the day, but we often get free lunch. More important, we flip a coin to see who gets the points. We also host truffle tastings once a week. Brian likes to surprise us with boxes of chocolate. He’s making us fat.
- We offer “summer Fridays,” which means employees can leave by 1pm if the work is done and the manager OKs it.
- We have a diverse office with professionals from many different industries. This includes our new VP of Marketing & Communications Cliff Fleiser (who came to us from Tom Ford) and Editorial Director James Oliver Cury (formerly at Details.com).
- We support many worthy causes including PeaceJam (the global leader in peace education that is led by 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners), amfAR (American Foundation for AIDS research) and a non-profit we launched called Points for Peace, which helps people donate points and miles and expertise in booking award tickets to help spread peace and develop a new generation of global youth leaders.
- We go to work every day knowing that we help readers travel to places they didn’t think they could afford. We inspire wanderlust, we’re making people smarter consumers and we get thank-you’s for this all the time.
- It’s a dog-friendly office. Have you met Miles?
Here’s the link again for the new head of social media position.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|