This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For this week’s Thursday Giveaway, we’re offering another social-media giveaway blitz on both Instagram and Twitter. The prize: two round-trip tickets in business class on Air Serbia’s new nonstop route between New York (JFK) and Belgrade (BEG).
Air Serbia is a partner of Etihad and will begin its nonstop route between the US and Serbia with 5x weekly service starting today, June 23. In celebration of the new route, Air Serbia is giving one TPG reader two round-trip tickets in business class on a Jet Airways Airbus A330-200 for the 4,497-mile flight (coincidentally, Air Serbia used to be known as Jat Airways). The aircraft has 18 business-class seats in a 1-1-1 configuration and 236 economy seats in a 2-4-2 configuration.
Here is the schedule for the 5x weekly route — service begins today:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday:
- JU500 Belgrade (BEG) 7:30am Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 12:00pm Arrival (10 hours, 30 minutes)
- JU501 New York (JFK) 2:40pm Departure ⇒ Belgrade (BEG) 5:30am (+1) Arrival (8 hours, 50 minutes)
- Friday, Saturday:
- JU500 Belgrade (BEG) 12:55pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 5:25pm Arrival (10 hours, 30 minutes)
- JU501 New York (JFK) 7:30pm Departure ⇒ Belgrade (BEG) 10:20am (+1) Arrival (8 hours, 50 minutes)
Round-trip fares on the new route in economy seem to hover around $1,338, and business-class fares are around the $3,499 mark. Keep in mind that that Air Serbia uses Etihad Guest as its frequent flyer program, so you can use your Etihad Guest miles for an award ticket on this new route. The economy redemption is 44,970 miles for a one-way ticket, and 64,082 for a one-way business-class ticket. Unfortunately, you can’t book these awards online and instead have to call Etihad Guest.
The winner of this week’s giveaway can choose the travel dates — as long as there are open business-class seats on the desired flight. To enter the giveaway, follow The Points Guy on Instagram or Twitter and post why you want to go to Belgrade. Be sure to tag your post with the #TPGtoBelgrade hashtag (or we won’t be able to see them). If you use photos, they must be taken by you — the more creative your reasoning in the post, the better! You must post your photo or tweet no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, June 27 to be considered in the contest. A winner will be chosen by the TPG Editorial team and notified via Instagram or Twitter.
Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards