This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I can’t believe it, but today marks the six-year anniversary of The Points Guy. On June 7, 2010, I took off on an epic journey that changed my life forever. You’ve followed along as I wrote my first post while working in a cubicle at Morgan Stanley, left that cubicle to become fully employed as The Points Guy, shared some amazing deal alerts, and much more. I started the blog to share what I know and what I love — the art of points and miles strategy, and I’m so happy that you’ve been able to follow along for that journey.
Here’s a look at the past six years of The Points Guy, by the numbers:
- Hosted more than 175 giveaways — here’s the first-ever giveaway
- Seen nearly 108 million visits and 188 million pageviews
- Grown our Facebook page to more than 1 million likes
- Watched our readers spend more than 3,820,554 hours on the site
- Given away more than $86,000 in gift cards and monetary prizes and 2.4 million miles and points.
In celebration of six years of TPG, we’re celebrating with a giveaway — I want to hear how TPG has changed your life. To enter, comment on this post and share your favorite TPG tip you’ve learned from reading the blog AND tweet at me with a link to your favorite blog post with the hashtag #6YearsOfTPG. On Friday, my team and I will randomly select two readers who will win thousands of points or miles to the hotel or airline of their choice — we’ll buy.
TPG has come a long way since it started back in 2010, and my team and I can’t thank you enough for your continued support and loyal readership. Here’s to six (and many more) years!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards