This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
European low-cost carrier Norwegian Air began flying from the East Coast of the US to the French Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe (PTP) and Martinique (FDF) last year. Today, the airline shared its plan to build on the success it’s had with these routes by adding more service to the islands. Norwegian will add a fourth weekly flight from New York (JFK) to Guadeloupe starting December 17. On the same day, the airline will begin twice weekly service (Wednesdays and Saturdays) from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Guadeloupe.
This new Caribbean service adds to Norwegian’s rapid expansion here in the US — with this new flight bringing the total number of routes from the US to 41. Fort Lauderdale will be the carrier’s fourth US city with nonstop flights to Guadeloupe — the others being New York (JFK), Baltimore (BWI) and Boston (BOS). It’s great to see Norwegian continue to offer travelers inexpensive flights to so many destinations, including these islands that don’t see a lot in the way of affordable air service to and from the US. Fares from FLL to PTP are listed at $79 for a one-way ticket, and the flight back to FLL will cost you $119 — or $198 for the round-trip ticket.
Team TPG has had several experiences flying Norwegian Air — and all have been positive. You shouldn’t hesitate to take advantage of the great fares offered and give yourself the chance to discover one of the lesser-known islands in the Caribbean.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards