This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a T-Mobile customer who likes to stay connected while in the air, the carrier has some great news for you this week. Beginning June 13, you’ll get one free hour of in-flight Wi-Fi, unlimited texting through internet-based messaging services such as iMessage or WhatsApp, picture messaging and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail on any flight that’s equipped with Gogo’s in-flight Wi-Fi service. T-Mobile’s definitely an industry leader when it comes to offering connectivity to travelers — many customers already receive free data roaming in 120+ countries, which is a tremendous perk.
In order to qualify for the free Wi-Fi, you must have a valid E911 address and you must have made at least one Wi-Fi call with your current SIM card (any time before the flight). After you complete those steps, simply launch your browser and click the T-Mobile banner on the start page to get connected.
Don’t forget, if you have the The Enhanced Business Platinum Card from American Express, you already get free in-flight Wi-Fi — cardholders receive 10 Gogo sessions each year. T-Mobile’s new feature will be especially nice for shorter flights where it’s not a great value to pay for Wi-Fi (or to redeem your free Amex sessions), or for longer legs where you want to hop online in the middle of the flight to check e-mails.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards