This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A couple months ago, I was introduced to Snapchat — and my world has been completely changed. It’s a great tool for me to use because not only can I interact with readers (which I love to do), but I also get to document my travels and the daily life of TPG. If you don’t follow me on Snapchat already, I’m giving you an even greater incentive to do so now — I’m going to start snapping more in detail now than ever before.
Because I’ve gotten such positive feedback from my followers who’ve enjoyed me documenting my travels, I’ve decided I’m going to expand what I’m snapping even further. Don’t worry, I’m still going to be blogging with more in-depth reviews and travel stories, but those posts take a while to create. So for more instant coverage of my trips — and I also answer tons of reader questions and love seeing TPG reader snaps sent to me — make sure you’re following thepointsguy on Snapchat.
If you don’t have Snapchat yet, don’t fret, I was hesitant to sign up for it, too. But, much to my surprise, it was really easy and makes interacting with friends, family and people like me so much more interactive. Download Snapchat on your phone, create a profile and add “thepointsguy” by typing in the name or scanning the snap QR code. You can scan this snap QR code by opening it on another screen, opening the app on your phone, moving the camera over the code and pressing the screen to focus — sometimes it takes a couple seconds for Snapchat to recognize it, so be patient. Snapchat will automatically recognize what you’re doing and add me. From there, you can view my Snapchat story whenever I add a new photo or video.
Because I’m so excited about the new, more detailed Snapchat reviews, I want to give you a preview of what’s to come. In July, you can look forward to an inside look at:
- Air France A380 and 777 La Première
- Qantas A380 first class
- Emirates A380 first class
- Qatar 777 business class
- Air New Zealand business class
- W Amsterdam
- Les Bains, Paris, an SPG Design Hotel
- And currently, my &Beyond tented safari experience in Tanzania.
So follow me on Snapchat, I’m so excited to take you on all my adventures. As always, I do my best to respond to every snap I receive, so feel free to reach out with any questions or comments on what I’m snapping. And there’s always the possibility of Snapchat giveaways!
Who else do you follow on Snapchat about travel? I’ll be following others based on your recommendations and writing up a list of my favorite travel snappers soon!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards