This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.

We’ve all been there: you spend all night loading up your iPad with movies and TV shows to keep you company on your cross-country red eye only to realize, 10 minutes after takeoff, that you left your power cable behind. While in-flight entertainment is usually an option, it’s typically an expensive one… that is, unless you’re flying Delta.

Beginning July 1, passengers flying aboard any of the airline’s mainline aircraft will be given complimentary access to Delta Studio, the company’s impressive library of in-flight entertainment that includes up to 300 movies, 750 TV shows, 100 foreign films, 2,400 songs, 18 live satellite TV channels and a handful of video games. The service will be available on roughly 90% of Delta’s planes (the other 10% being smaller aircraft that aren’t equipped with Wi-Fi), with access to Delta Studio available via both individual seat-back screens and streaming through your own laptop, tablet or mobile device, provided you’ve got the juice. The move makes Delta the first US legacy carrier to offer free in-flight entertainment to all passengers.

“The only thing better than operating the world’s largest in-flight entertainment-equipped fleet is providing it free to all our guests,” Tim Mapes, Delta’s Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer, said in a statement. “Our commitment is to provide Delta customers with the industry’s best on-board services — period.”

It may sound like marketing-speak, but Delta certainly has been investing a lot in customer experience as of late, upgrading the interiors of its fleet with bigger overhead luggage bins, more seat-back entertainment systems, in-seat power outlets and more pleasing LED lighting. The company also just landed itself at number 44 on Newsweek’s ranking of the 100 greenest U.S. companies.


Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.

Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card

Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.

Apply Now
More Things to Know
  • Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
  • Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
  • 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
  • Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
  • Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
  • No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Intro APR on Purchases
Regular APR
16.49% - 23.49% Variable
Annual Fee
Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Balance Transfer Fee
Recommended Credit
Excellent Credit

Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.