This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, an Amex Platinum targeted offer went public, offering new cardholders 100,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $3,000 in three months. Amex later pulled the offer down, but honored the bonus for those who were able to sign up in time. And now, it looks like there is another targeted Amex offer.
Go to the Amex homepage and click the personal cards page, you could be offered an increased sign-up bonus for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card. The special offer is for 40,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $2,000 in the first three months. Plus, you’ll earn 25,000 points during your second year of cardmembership after you spend $2,000 on purchases between July 15, 2017 and October 15, 2017. So, if you have the card for two years and spend the required amounts, you’ll get a total of 65,000 Membership Rewards points — effectively, more than double the public sign-up bonus.
The current public sign-up bonus on the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card is 25,000 points after spending $2,000 within the first three months, so this is a pretty valuable sign-up bonus. The card is a great option, especially for the frequent traveller, as it offers 3x points on flights when booked directly through the airline, in addition to 2x points at US restaurants, gas stations and supermarkets and 1x points on all other purchases. It comes with a $195 annual fee, which is waived the first year, so you’re paying $195 for the bonus 25,000 MR points for the second year. Click here to learn more on how you can best maximize the card in 2016.
The Amex Premier Rewards Gold frequently has targeted increased sign-up bonuses, especially if you search on the Card Match Tool. I was matched with a 50,000-point sign-up bonus after $1,000 in spend in the first three months and took advantage, but unfortunately the sign-up bonus on all Amex credit cards — both business and personal — is valid only once per lifetime. Ultimately, this looks to be a pretty great option if you’ve been eyeing the card and waiting for the right time to sign up.
H/T: Frequent Miler
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees