This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Uber continues expanding cities and adding more modes of transportation, the service becomes even more convenient for getting around — especially when traveling far from home. (If you don’t have an Uber account, you can sign up now to receive a free ride [up to $20] from TPG.) For those who have been using Uber for a while, it’s hard to believe that it’s been five years since it first arrived in New York City.
To celebrate Uber’s five-year anniversary in the city, the service is offering users flat $5 UberPool rates for the next five days — in addition to free pizza at select restaurants. From today through Friday, Uber will highlight one borough each day of the week. Each day will feature a flat $5 UberPool ride that begins and ends in the same borough. Here’s the complete schedule for the week:
- Monday, May 2: Staten Island
- Tuesday, May 3: The Bronx
- Wednesday, May 4: Queens
- Thursday, May 5: Brooklyn
- Friday, May 6: Manhattan
In addition to the $5 UberPool ride, users can also get a free slice of pizza when they show their Uber app at select locations in that day’s borough. Check Uber’s website daily for exact locations on where you can get your free slice of pizza — today, it’s Joe and Pat’s in Staten Island.
Ultimately, this is a great way for Uber to celebrate five years in New York City. UberPool is a convenient way to get around, as long as you’re in no rush, as it can take longer than your average Uber ride. Even if you don’t choose to take advantage of the $5 flat rate, at least be sure to grab a free slice of pizza!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards