This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, Silvercar announced that it was expanding its service to two new markets — Brooklyn and Newark. And now with its 14 nationwide locations — and most likely more that are soon to come — there is even more reason to make use of the service, especially when there’s a discount.
If you’re not a Silvercar member, you can sign up using the referral code BKELLY1 to get $25 off your first ride. However, if you’re an existing user, there’s now more incentive to use the service, as Silvercar is offering 15% off rentals through September 30, 2016. To get the 15% off, use the promotion code FTUNI15.
This is a great opportunity to get away at a discounted price — especially during the summer, a peak travel time. Silvercar is a nice alternative to the traditional rental car agencies, as it offers a fleet of new(ish) Audi A4s. Each car comes with Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and Sirius Radio. If you choose to take advantage of this discount, be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards