This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wyndham Rewards is known for being one of the most straightforward award programs out there, charging a flat 15,000 points for any award booking along with a 3,000 points plus cash option. The program is currently running three promotions that are sure to pique the interest of Wyndham loyalists and possibly leisure travelers as well. Keep reading for a brief rundown of each offer.
1. 5,000 bonus points for booking through the Wyndham app and paying with Visa Checkout
The most lucrative promotion is the also the program’s latest, which offers you 5,000 bonus points — up to two times before August 1 — for booking a stay via the Wyndham app and selecting Visa Checkout as the method of payment. Wyndham appears to be the first hotel chain to use Visa Checkout as part of its app, and this is an easy way to get some extra points while booking a stay you were already planning.
2. 4x United miles on stays at participating Wyndham Rewards hotels
For travelers who choose to earn United miles rather than Wyndham Rewards points, this is a very attractive proposition. A qualifying stay at a Wyndham hotel usually earns program members 500 United miles, but with this promotion, customers will get 2,000 points per stay, on a maximum of four stays before May 31, 2016.
3. Four $25 Wyndham gift cards after 2 qualifying stays
The last promotion is fairly simple, and it’s probably the least compelling of the three. After you complete two eligible stays before September 6, 2016, Wyndham will send four $25 codes that have to be used on four separate stays before November 1, 2016. This could be a good option if you’re booking a stay at an already-low price, but it would be significantly more valuable if you could use multiple coupon codes on one reservation.
Finally, grouped together with this offer is the opportunity to save up to 25% off the best available rate when you book an eligible Wyndham stay through this link before September 6, 2016. You can also earn up to 30,000 points after $1,000 spent within the first 90 days with the Wyndham Rewards Visa card, which is enough for a free two-night stay at any Wyndham hotel.
Featured image above courtesy of the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards