This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In recent months, United has been coming up with different ways of improving its customer service and in-flight experience reputation. Last year, the carrier announced that it was bringing back complimentary snacks to economy passengers, the ability for airport agents to compensate unhappy passengers with goodwill certificates of up to $125 and equipping customer service reps with the iPhone 6 Plus. And now, United is offering passengers a service that it says is the first of its kind for a US-based carrier — a gift-giving program.
The new program, called Celebrate, allows you to pre-order a gift that can then be presented to a passenger on an international United flight that’s departing from a US gateway. You can choose what you want to be delivered to the passenger by visiting this site and selecting any of the items with a small airplane in the top left corner. The gift you choose will then be wrapped and delivered to the passenger by a flight attendant after takeoff. There’s also the option for a personalized gift card.
The Celebrate program is now available for you to order and gift to someone on board an international flight. Note that there is a $5 gift-wrapping surcharge, and orders must be placed at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure. With United’s CEO Oscar Munoz back following his medical leave, the carrier is continuing its effort to improve customer service, and Celebrate is one of the first programs introduced since his return.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards