This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in New York City this weekend, you’ll now have one more reason to consider using Uber to get around. The ridesharing service’s latest promotion gives riders a 50% discount in New York City with the code MDWNYC50. To be eligible, your ride must originate in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island or Queens.
There are no indications that your end destination must also be in one of the five boroughs, which means that Uber could be a viable option when traveling in the greater New York area for the holiday weekend. (If you don’t currently have an account with Uber, you can sign up now to receive your first ride for free [up to $20] from TPG.)
This promotion is currently active and runs through Monday, May 30, at 11:59pm ET. You can score a 50% discount on two rides during the promo period, up to $25 off per ride (excluding UberT).
Since Uber may be especially busy this weekend in NYC, plan extra time when requesting your car, and don’t forget to be nice to your driver! Keep in mind that Uber is also offering a $5 flat commuter rate during peak travel times in the morning and early evening hours during the week.
If you do choose to take advantage of these reduced rates, consider paying with one of these credit cards in order to earn the greatest return on Uber purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Citi ThankYou Premier Card.
Will you be taking advantage of Uber’s promotion this weekend?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards