This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR is hoping to expand its expedited security program to more airports across the country. The service is the leading biometric identity platform in the US that utilizes fingerprint and iris scanning to speed up the identification process at airport security checkpoints and, increasingly, at sports venues. And with its expansion, CLEAR has partnered with Delta Air Lines to offer Diamond Medallion members complimentary CLEAR service, as well as preferential pricing for all US Delta SkyMiles members.
With the new partnership, CLEAR and Delta also plan to expand the expedited service to Delta’s US hub airports. Although the partnership has been announced, no formal details have yet to be released. According to a press release, Delta will reach out to customers with information about offer eligibility, enrollment and airport launch schedules.
Membership to the service is $179 annually, you can add a family member for $50 and children under 18 are free. Currently, CLEAR is available at 13 airports across the country including Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW), Denver (DEN), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Orlando (MCO), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and Westchester County (HPN).
If you’d like to sign up for a CLEAR membership, use the promo code CLEARTPG18 or use this link to get a discounted membership of $149 for the first year.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards