This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether or not you’re bound for the final stretch of the Cannes Film Festival, which concludes its 69th annual fête on Sunday, travelers making their way from LAX to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport aboard an Air France Airbus A380 with an AF065 flight number can get a taste of the French Riviera at 40,000 feet.
To celebrate the airline’s 36-year partnership with the world-famous film festival, Air France has launched “Cinema to Go,” a limited-time entertainment option that gives passengers access to some of the Cannes Film Festival’s most treasured movies from years past.
The library includes 10 award-winning films from around the world, including past Palme d’Or winners The Child (2005), The Class (2008), and The Pianist (2003), which went on to win a trio of Oscars, including a Best Actor statuette for Adrien Brody. The lineup features a number of other familiar faces, including Angelina Jolie in Clint Eastwood’s Changeling (2008), Brad Pitt in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds (2009), and Javier Bardem in Alejandro González Iñárritu Biutiful (2010).
Sadly, none of the new crop of 2016 films are available in the “Cinema to Go” program. But there is an extra perk: While you could binge-watch about half the films during the near-11-hour flight, the best part is that wheels down doesn’t have to mean “the end” for your personal movie marathon. A special gift code will allow you to watch — or finish watching — a selection of the films on your phone, tablet, computer or smart TV via iTunes. But you’d better book your flight quickly: Cinema to Go is only available through May 21, one day before this year’s Cannes Film Festival says au revoir.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards