This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for some magazine subscriptions (or even if you aren’t), this is a pretty fantastic deal. You can currently earn 50 AAdvantage miles for every dollar you spend on magazine purchases. To get started, visit this page, log in to your AA account and click the link to head over to Magazines.com. You’ll need to begin the transaction through AA’s shopping portal, but you’ll be making your purchase directly with Magazines.com. Unfortunately these purchases don’t earn bonus miles for travel.
TPG values AA miles at 1.5 cents each — you’re effectively purchasing miles at 2 cents each as part of this deal, but this can easily be worthwhile if you have a redemption in mind. If you don’t need the magazines yourself, consider donating them to a local hospital, which can provide them on loan to patients and their waiting family members — simply enter the hospital’s address in the shipping field. This offer is expected to expire tomorrow.
H/T: Mommy Points
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards