This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This promo is certainly not as lucrative and wide-reaching as AA’s 50,000-mile bonus offer for flights to Europe, but if you’re planning to fly the airline’s new nonstop to New Zealand, it’s time to listen up. American Airlines is currently offering up to 30,000 miles on round-trip flights from the US to Auckland — register here and fly by October 31, 2016 to earn your bonus.
You’ll earn 15,000 bonus miles for each round-trip booked in business class (J, R, D or I class) or 2,500 miles for each round-trip in coach (Y, H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S class). Codeshare flights aren’t eligible, so be sure to book your ticket through American if you want to earn the bonus.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards