This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a Starwood Preferred Guest elite member (that’s perhaps a bit behind when it comes to re-qualifying for status in 2016), you may have received an offer to speed up your elite earnings over the next few months. TPG got just such an offer in his inbox today, making him eligible to receive double stay and night credits at any Starwood hotel between April 1 and June 30, 2016. Registration is required — enter your SPG number here to see if you’re eligible.
Oddly, the offer email features an image of a Delta 747, even though this particular deal has absolutely nothing to do with a co-branded partnership:
I didn’t receive the same offer myself, but I’m well on my way to re-qualifying for Platinum status, thanks to a few hotel stays and the 10 elite-qualifying nights I earned from the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and its business version, the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express .
Based on the graphic Starwood’s including in its promo email (seen above), it’s possible that the chain’s feeling some pain from the very generous status matches offered by Hyatt, Hilton and other chains. I’ve already received thousands of dollars in value from my new Hyatt Diamond status, and while I’m hoping to re-qualify for both Hyatt Diamond and SPG Platinum (for 2016, at least), it’s going to be a challenge to get there.
Featured image courtesy of W Koh Samui.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees