This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar has been popping up in more and more locations, seemingly overnight. Following its $28 million investment earlier this year, the company shared news that it was going to continue expanding its markets, which now includes two new locations in the NYC area: Brooklyn (available as of today at McCarren Hotel & Pool) and Newark Airport (launching May 9).
By expanding its New York City territory, Silvercar is making it easier to pick up cars near all three New York-based airports — Newark (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA) and JFK. In July 2015, the company offered a limited-time offer for New Yorkers to use the service through Labor Day at McCarren Hotel, and now it’s bringing the service back to that same location. Unlike in other Silvercar cities, its New York service is not only geared toward those flying through the city’s airport, but also New Yorkers looking to use one of the company’s new(ish) Audis for a weekend getaway or day trip.
Silvercar already has outposts in Austin (AUS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DAL and DFW), Denver (DEN), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), New York City, Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX) and San Francisco (SFO) — with the addition of Brooklyn and Newark there are 14 locations in total.
You can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. You can also use the code SPRING20 to save 20% on reservations at all 14 Silvercar locations through April 30. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
H/T: Mommy Points
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards