This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton has extended its status match program. In January, you could match through March 2017, but now you can submit your match request by June 30, 2016 to get Hilton HHonors status through March 31, 2018.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Update (4/21/16): You may be able to successfully request a match through this link.
Update (4/20/16): Hilton is currently experiencing issues with its status match website, which redirects to the homepage for the time being. However, status matches are still available. To request a match, simply email your proof of status with a competing chain, proof of stay and Hilton HHonors account number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While past Hilton match offers have required you to email to request a match, you can now submit your status match application online. You’ll just need to provide proof of status with another hotel loyalty program with proof of a completed stay in the past 12 months.
Starwood, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Choice are specifically listed as programs from which you can match. While there is no chart listing which status level you’ll need to have to receive HHonors Diamond, in the past TPG readers have reported being able to match from IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum and Starwood Platinum to Hilton Diamond — which we value at over $2,300.
We noticed this offer back on March 30, but Hilton HHonors Twitter and phone support provided us conflicting information — both regarding the date the match was valid through and whether or not Hilton was currently matching status. Now, the chain has updated its status match application page to remove the conflicting information and provided clarification about how long the match will be valid.
As noted above, readers have reported matching IHG Platinum to Hilton Diamond. This route to top-tier status at Hilton is particularly enticing as IHG Rewards Club Select cardmembers automatically get IHG Platinum elite status.
Not yet a IHG cardmember? You’re in luck! The IHG Rewards Club Select card has a newly increased 70,000 point sign-up bonus after you spend $2,000 in the first three months. You still have time to receive status with the card, complete one eligible stay and match to Hilton HHonors by June 30.
Are you planning to utilize this new match offer?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards