This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America will soon merge with Alaska Airlines, but for now the airline appears to be on a promo streak. First, Virgin announced that it would be partnering up with Starwood Preferred Guest, and now the carrier is offering opportunities to win one of two trips to Hawaii. What makes this deal especially appealing, though, is that Virgin will give you 250 Elevate points just for entering!
To enter the contest (and claim your points), head over to Virgin America’s giveaway site and fill out the entry form with your Elevate number, name, email address and phone number. You might want to uncheck the second box above to avoid getting VA spam.
You need to register by May 27, 2016 in order to earn the 250 bonus points, which should post to your account 4-6 weeks after the sweepstakes has ended. Naturally, the 250 points won’t count toward Elevate elite status, which you can get for free via a status match.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards