This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express cardholders have two more chances to bolster their Membership Rewards accounts thanks to these new promotions. If you have a credit card like Amex Premier Rewards Gold or Amex Everyday Preferred that connects to the Amex Membership Rewards program, you can now earn 2x the points on online purchases made at Best Buy and Target through the end of 2016.
Unfortunately, this bonus does not apply to in-store purchases, but it’s an easy way to boost your earnings if you’re already planning to purchase — plus, you can always pay for your items online and pick them up in the store to earn the bonus. Keep in mind that you must enroll through Amex Offers to be eligible.
American Express customers also can enroll and earn 2x the points on Amazon purchases, although this offer is only available through the end of July.
Chase Ultimate Rewards members already earn an extra 1 point per dollar on BestBuy.com purchases through the shopping portal — this offer has been around for a while and doesn’t appear to be something that will be expiring anytime soon.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees