This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG is offering a new opportunity for Rewards Club members to earn thousands of bonus points. If you’re staying at IHG properties between May 1 and September 5, 2016, you can take advantage of the chain’s Share Forever Promotion,” which offers unique (targeted) earning opportunities for each member. To take advantage of this promotion, be sure to register on IHG’s website.
The details of the offer will vary from one account to the next, but you can expect to earn somewhere around a total of 65,000 bonus points (or more) if you fulfill the requirements by staying at any of IHG’s properties around the world.
Here’s an example of an offer you might receive:
For example, here’s the offer I received:
- Earn 4,000 bonus points after staying one night by May 31 (this offer decreases to 1,000 bonus points if the first stay is between June 1 and September 5)
- Earn 1,200 bonus points after two nights
- Earn 2,800 bonus points after four nights
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after nine nights
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after 34 nights
- Additionally, you can earn a free night plus an extra 1,000 bonus points to share with a friend.
In total, my offer has the potential to net me 68,000 bonus points for myself and a free night to share (valid at IHG hotels in North, Central or South America). You can redeem your points at any IHG property around the world, including properties in the InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Hotel Indigo brands. For example, you can redeem 35,000 points for a free night at the InterContinental Bali Resort, so if you max out this promo you’ll have nearly enough points for a two-night stay at this hotel. You’ll also be able to book an extended stay at some of IHG’s lower-level hotels, which can offer an even greater value.
Overall, this is could be a lucrative promo, and it’s definitely worth signing up if you’ll be staying at an IHG property soon. We value IHG Rewards points at 0.7 cents per point, meaning you can expect to get $450 or more in value from this promo (depending on your personal offer).
As a reminder, you can also apply for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first three months of opening an account. These points can be used in conjunction with this IHG promotion, making it possible to book a longer or higher-end stay.
Featured image courtesy of the InterContinental Bali Resort
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night each year of card membership at over 4,900 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a credit cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49