This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is offering flyers the chance to book flights and vacation packages for travel to Barcelona, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Nice, Paris and Rome between now and Spring 2017. The deals include the option of just air travel or vacation packages, which include a five-night hotel stay. In addition, you can choose to fly in either BA’s World Traveller or World Traveller Plus (premium economy) cabin.
You can book your trip directly through British Airways’ website. You must book by May 11 for travel between April 21 and March 31, 2017. The lowest fares appear to be to Dublin, however there are also reasonable fares to the other included cities. Here are some examples of what you can book for two people to London:
New York (JFK) to London (LHR) in World Traveller + 5 Nights at The Royal National for $999 per Person:
You can book this deal for $999 per person, which includes a round-trip ticket in BA’s World Traveller cabin from JFK to LHR and five nights at The Royal National. Note that the return flight is from London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW). If booked separately for these same dates, the flight would cost $1,620 total, or $810 per person. Rates for a five-night stay in the same room at The Royal National are going for around $162 per night, for a total of $810 for the whole stay.
If booked separately, you would pay a total of $1,215 per person, however, with BA’s package you’d only pay $999 per person for the same itinerary — saving you a total of $216 per person.
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to London (LHR) in World Traveller Plus + 5 Nights at The Rembrandt for $2,055 per Person:
This round-trip ticket in World Traveller Plus and five-night stay at The Rembrandt is going for $2,055 per person in November. If booked separately for the same flights, you would pay $1,632 per person for a total of $3,264. If you were to book the same five-night stay in the same room at The Rembrandt for two people, you would pay around $273 per night, for a total of $1,365 for the whole stay.
If booked separately, you would pay a total of $2,315 per person, however, with BA’s package you’d only pay $2,055 per person for the same itinerary — saving you a total of $260 per person.
There are plenty more flight/destination/hotel options to choose from, with base prices ranging from $799 per person (Dublin) to $1,679 per person (Rome).
If you’ve been eyeing a trip to Europe, this could be a great opportunity for you to jump at, with discounted pricing on airfare and vacation packages. The vacation packages present you with some potentially great deals that might otherwise be out of reach, and it’s an added bonus that you can choose to sit in either the World Traveller or World Traveller Plus cabins. You can find full details and book your trip here.
Use your British Airways Visa Signature Card to earn 3 Avios per dollar on British Airways purchases. The card comes with a 50,000 Avios sign-up bonus after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. There’s a $95 annual fee, and no foreign transaction fees.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards