This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Registration is now open.
With Starwood’s current promotion now coming to an end, the chain just teased its next bonus-earning opp: SPG Triple Up. Starwood’s early 2016 promo gave SPG members an opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after meeting certain stay requirements — similar to the excellent promotion that Hyatt just announced a few weeks ago.
This time around, members can earn either 3x base Starpoints at Sheraton Hotels on stays of two or more nights, or double points on stays at other Starwood properties from May 9 through July 31, 2016. Additionally, you’ll earn an extra 1,000 Starpoints for stays that include a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday in the Middle East). Visit Starwood’s site to register beginning on May 3.
Of course, these points are in addition to those you’ll earn for just being an SPG member: two Starpoints per dollar for regular members, three Starpoints per dollar for Gold and Platinum members or four points per dollar for SPG members who stay 75+ nights in a calendar year. Additionally, you can earn two more points per dollar when you pay with a co-branded Amex card, such as the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 25,000 Starpoints after you spend $3,000 within the first three months.
Featured image courtesy of Sheraton Kona.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees